Sunday, February 28, 2010

February 28th Blog Assignment

WRITING IN MEDIA

I really enjoyed the information in these videos. Richard Miller talk all about the different ways of publishing works and producing information world wide. For instance rather than just actual book libraries, virtual libraries! I think this is an awesome concept and I also think it could be successful. One reason I think this could be so successful is the fact of information sharing alone. Students and teachers alike would be able to share views, opinions, and helpful information on a global scale. Something like this could really advance education if available in my opinion. I also think that being able to interact on such a wide scale could make school more fun for kids and maybe even spark their interest in education.

Am I ready for this? I mean I really like to think that I am ready for such a challenge. I'll be the first to admit I don't know everything about this subject, but I am willing to learn! Thats why I think classes like EDM can be so effective for future teachers. It prepares us for what we will be working with once we get out into the real world. Which in my opinion is way better than just throwing us out there and expecting us to learn at the same time we are suppose to be teaching it!

As far as my students being able to do this, I think they will be able to! I plan to use all of my knowledge to help them learn the best they can and to their full potential. I plan to do this by knowing and learning all I can where I will be fully prepared for anything they might need help understanding. I also plan to teach my students through all means available to me both electronic or written. After all you are ripping the students off by not giving them full advantage of all material.

THE NETWORKED STUDENT

The video by Wendy Drexler, Im not sure if I totally agree or not. Maybe I am reading too far into it but it really made you think for a min what school is all about. Almost like what if technology takes away from what school is all about. Im all for technology being a big tool in learning but I also believe there still has to be a balance between student teacher learning and technology learning. I think the most effective method would be making technology and what school always has been coexist. It would benefit the children so much in my opinion!

I believe that teachers and students alike should be trained in this subject but I don't think that school should revolve completely around technology. I think the definition of a good teacher would have to be one who is well rounded in all areas of technology and non technological learning methods. A good teacher should be able to make both and every method work for them. Not all students learn the same way so having different methods would only benefit everyone!

A NEW FUTURE OF WHATEVER

Just another one of Mr. Wesch's videos thatI really loved! I completely agree with him on how the use of blogs and facebook and other social networkings could benefit learning. Another part that I really loved was when he talks about how much it means to present yourself and make first impressions. Really when you think about it first impressions and how you present yourself to someone can make you or break you. Its really scary to think about! I really hate the way I sound recorded on audio and I always think to myself gosh I'm going to sound like an idiot and everyone is going to hate listening to this. I guess its really something I am going to have to work on getting over. I just feel like I will get nervous and stutter or something! But its ok i'm learning!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Brittini!
    Great job on your posts! I really love Mr. Wesch's video too. I hope to be one of the future "whatever" teachers he talks about, the one who says I can do "whatever" it takes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Brittani,
    I love Mr. Wesch's video's too. I think we all do. I just realized the girl above me said the same thing. Ha Ha

    ReplyDelete