Monday, February 15, 2010

February 14th Blog Assignment

WIKIPEDIA

Wikipedia << Link to Wikipedias website.

I actually like wikipedia. Although I know it isn't a good source to use for stating facts, I think it is otherwise pretty useful and accurate. I also find it very interesting that just anyone can change it. I honestly had no idea until freshmen year when I cited wikipedia in a paper and got major points taken off! Wikipedia actually kind of reminds me of a blog site where everyone in the world puts their posts. I mean really there is no telling what some people might put on there. I have never really used wikipedia much but I have heard a lot about it. I think though it might nit be very reliable all the time its still a pretty good source for personal use. If I need something a little more factual i'd probably just google it.

MR. MCCLUNG'S FIRST YEAR

I really loved this post! I have always imagined how it will be my first day alone in my own classroom. There are so many things that go running through my head like what if this and what if that. Although i'm sure my first year will be a blast I'm sure it will also have some interesting moments too! That's why you gotta love kids, and everything that comes along with being a teacher! Post like this one really help future teachers. Its kind of just a reminder to laugh and go with the flow because you never know what will happen!

4 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you about Mr. McClung's post. I think his post is a good reference point for future teachers. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Post. I agree about wikipedia, its not exactly a scholastic source, but it can be a good starting point. And it definitely speeds things up if you're in a hurry. Mr. McClung's post about his first year is definitely exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you about wikipedia still being and important resourse when researching stuff. But not actually using it to cite information as being important. I never really thought about wikipedia as being a really big blog, but I do now. I really loved Mr. McClung's post as well. He offered alot of good information for those who are going into teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr. McClung is just one of many good resources you will encounter in this course. That is the basis of building up a strong, quality PLN. We want you to have access to as many good resources as you can when you get out into the teaching world. There are so many educators who have been there done that and can share that with us.

    ReplyDelete