Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 31st Blog Assignment

SMART-BOARD LESSONS PODCAST

I listened to the podcast about DimDim.com. I think this concept is so awesome! It is really neat how teachers can go and use ideas from other teachers around the world. I also think sites like this are very important in the aspect of broadening learning. It opens the door to so many opportunities for teachers and the students they are teaching.

KIDCAST

The podcast I listened to was "some thoughts on video pod casting". I thought that this was a very informative pod cast and really did a good job a demonstrating some of the different options you have when doing your own pod cast. It also informs you on some big points like to know who your audience is and it also offered good ideas on keeping it interesting. Personally I think that there should be video with certain pod cast to help keep the attention of listener/watchers.

ED TECH TALK

I chose episode 90. This was about using podcast to connect whole schools and communities. I think is a good idea in the works. I think it will bring about great opportunities for teachers and learners alike. I also think it would make problem solving easier and more helpful because instead of hoping one person knew how to help you, you would have a whole community and I think its safe to say that surely someone had the right answer!

IPHONE BEING USED BY A ONE YEAR OLD

This was completely shocking to me. I mean I know how advanced technology is these days and how important it is but I honestly never even thought about a one year old being able to do it. I mean I know some adults that cant even use todays technology such as iphones and it just makes me laugh to see this baby doing it!


3 comments:

  1. Brittani,

    One important theme from these assignments is that we can help each other through technology. We can reach out to the world and they can reach out to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of using video with certain pod casts. All the ones I listened to were just audio and I found some difficult to listen to for a long period of time. I hope we get to use video with ours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with having an entire community to help you. It's so much easier to get things done when you have more than one person trying to help!

    ReplyDelete