Monday, March 29, 2010

March 28th Blog Assignment

I thought this blog made some great points about pointless time in class and the way class should be. There are so many things I have learned with hands on experience in my computer class that if I wouldn't remember after just being told. I have sat through many lectures in my life and I cant even think of how many times I walked out of the class asking "ok what was that all about again?" I believe that with all of the technology we have today that we should take advantage of it. Why should we keep doing things the way that we have been doing it for years? if we are so much more advanced these days shouldn't our learning be more advanced too? I mean it just seems like such common sense. I mean most professors put their class lectures online with power point any way why would anyone want to go listen to a lecture on something they already have. I mean I understand lecture time for students who might need extra help or that might want to know more but if thats the case then why can't

2 comments:

  1. Hey Brittani, I'm from class F. I agree with your post. I think some classes are better hands on but I still benefit from attending classes too, but the best 1's are when the teachers are more interactive and not just lecturers.
    Not sure if you whole post came through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree particularly with the statement, "If we are so much more advanced these days, shouldn't our learning be more advanced too?"

    This is so true. If there are so many new and fun things, why do teachers insist on doing things the same way? While I believe that powerpoints and lectures have their place in the world, at do SOMETHING to keep it relevant and fun!

    ReplyDelete